Beginnings & Beyond: Foundations in Early Childhood Education by Ann Gordon, Kathryn Williams Browne (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $225.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $424.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a clear and easy-to-understand style, BEGINNINGS AND BEYOND: FOUNDATIONS IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION, 10th Edition lays out basic questions any student of early childhood education -- including you -- would want answered. It also presents key concepts, the latest research, and practical examples so that questions are thoroughly answered. Coverage of the current Developmentally Appropriate Practices (DAP) is woven throughout the text, as is material on diversity and development, which enables you to understand that issues of age, gender, race/ethnicity, ability, and family are part of every aspect of teaching and learning. Every chapter has a feature focused on how brain-based research is connected to development, and ather that highlights intentional teaching. Through its tone, visuals, and pedagogy, the book is accessible to and respectful of readers with a range of abilities and learning styles.
- Author BiographyAnn Gordon has been in the early childhood field for over 45 years as a teacher of young children, of parents, and of college students. She has taught in lab schools, church-related centers, and private and public preschool and kindergarten programs. While at Stanford, Ann was at the Bing Nursery School for 11 years and was a lecturer in the Psychology Department. For 10 years she also served as an adjunct faculty member in four colleges, teaching the full gamut of early childhood courses. Ann served as executive director of the National Association of Episcopal Schools for 14 years, where more than 1,100 early childhood programs were a part of her network. She is now consulting in the areas of early childhood curriculum governance and professional development. Kathryn Williams Browne has been a teacher most of her adult life: a teacher of young children for nearly 20 years, a guide for parents of the families she served, and, more recently, a parent educator and an instructor of college students for more than 15 years. Her work with children includes nursery school, parent cooperatives, full-day child care, prekindergarten and bilingual preschools, and kindergarten and first grade. Kate's background in child development research led her to choose early childhood education. While a Head Teacher at Bing Nursery School and a lecturer with Stanford University, Kate developed a professional relationship with Ann Gordon that blossomed into work in teacher and parent education. Moreover, her role as a parent has influenced BEGINNINGS AND BEYOND: her two children were born during the first two editions, so the book grew along with them. Recent work as a consultant and public elementary school board trustee has offered Kate new perspectives on schools, reform, and collaboration. Working closely with her students while teaching in two community colleges over the last decade, she has gained constructive insights that inform this text in every revision.
- Author(s)Ann Gordon,Kathryn Williams Browne
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1406 g
- Width223 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.