Behavior, Truth and Deception: Applying Profiling and Analysis to the Interview Process by Taylor & Francis Inc (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $137.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $152.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on practical approaches for the experienced investigator, Michael R. Napier, a 27-year veteran of the FBI, presents Behavior, Truth, and Deception: Applying Profiling and Analysis to the Interview Process. This hands-on volume, drawn from years of experience interviewing suspects, reveals the targeted subject interviewing process (TSI). This technique combines all kwn tactics learned from criminal personality profiling and investigative analysis into an effective strategy for interviewing a suspect. The book describes the skill sets and essential elements that directly contribute to a successful interrogation and outlines an interview plan using these analytical and profiling concepts. Topics discussed include: * Origins of offender motivation * An analytical methodology for criminal investigative analysis * Indirect personality assessment before the suspect interview * Interview and interrogation techniques, including verbal strategies and nverbal communications * Interviews in rape cases * Analysis of 911 calls made by a potential suspect * Homicidal behavior * Child molesters and stalkers * Cultural considerations * Tips for making interviews withstand legal challenges A blend of insight from seasoned law enforcement professionals and behavioral experts, this fascinating volume helps investigators get under the skin of the suspect, expose deception, and bring out the truth. Employing crime scene scenarios to demonstrate concepts, the book includes a victim questionnaire capturing offender behavior, form templates, and a glossary, making this a one-stop reference for law enforcement professionals charged with solving crimes and bringing offenders to justice.
- Author BiographyMichael R. Napier is a former FBI (27 years) Supervisory Special Agent, field office program manager and violent crime assessor in the National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime, where he investigated complex bribery, price-fixing, organized crime, violent crime, labor racketeering, Medicare and medical fraud, and white collar crime cases. He also supervised undercover operations. He is an FBI-qualified Polygraph Examiner and has extensively studied interview and interrogation strategies and tactics and the methodology to deny successful challenges to confessions. He specializes in applying behavioral analysis to violent crimes to assess the potential for preventing violence or deterring specific criminals in individual settings. Those techniques include determining foresee-ability of an individual committing a violent act. He is a nationally-recognized presenter on various topics concerning violent crime assessment, violent offender motivation, interview and interrogation strategies and crisis management subjects. Mr. Napier holds Adjunct Faculty positions at the University of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University and Wichita State University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication21/05/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note19 black & white tables
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.