All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe systematic application of behavioral psychology to crime and delinquency was begun only 20 years ago, yet it has already contributed significantly to our practical kwledge about prevention and correction and to our general under- standing of a pressing social problem. In this handbook, we review and evalu- ate what has been accomplished to date, as well as what is currently at the leading edge of the field. We do so in order to present a clear, comprehensive, and systematic view of the field and to promote and encourage still more effective action and social policy reform in the future. The chapters in this text have been written by professionals who were among the original invators in applying behavioral psychology to crime and delinquency and who continue to make critical contributions to the field's progress, and by a new generation of energetic, young professionals who are taking the field in important and invative directions. The contributors have attempted to review and evaluate their areas with critical dispassion, to pro- vide thorough but t overly specialized discussion of their material, and to draw implications for how research, application, and social policy might be improved in the future. For our part as editors, we have tried to foster integra- tion across the chapters and to provide background and conceptual material of our own.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/10/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight991 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byCurtis J. Braukmann,Edward K. Morris
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.