Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $225.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBehavioral Dentistry surveys the vast and absorbing topic of the role of behavioral science in the study and clinical practice of dentistry. An understanding of social sciences has long been a central part of dental education, and essential for developing a clinician's appreciation of human behavior as it affects efficient dental treatment. This book gathers together contributions from leading experts in each of the major subspecialties of behavioral dentistry. Its aim is t merely to provide the student and clinician with a comprehensive review of the impressive literature or discussion of the theoretical background to the subject, but also with a practical guide to adapting the latest techniques and protocols and applying them to day-to-day clinical practice.
- Author BiographyDavid I. Mostofsky, PhD, earned his doctorate in experimental psychology from Boston University. He developed a research interest in behavior as it relates to dentists and their patients. He is currently Professor and Director of the Laboratory for Experimental Behavioral Medicine at Boston University. He is on the medical staff of Children's Hospital Medical Center in Boston. He is a fellow of the American Psychological Society and the International Behavioral Neuroscience Society. He is on the editorial boards of several journals, including the Journal of Behavioral Medicine. Albert G. Forgione, PhD, earned his doctorate in psychology at Boston University. He is a licensed psychologist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. He is Professor and Head of the Clinical Research Section at the Craniomandibular Pain Center at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston. His research interests include phobias, hypnosis, and behavior modification. He has been consultant for several Fortune 500 companies including the psychology of air travel for Boeing. He is a member of Behavioral Scientists in Dentistry of the International Association of Dental Research. Donald B. Giddon, DMD, PhD, licensed psychologist and licensed dentist, is Professor of Developmental Biology at Harvard University, with hospital appointments at Brigham and Women's Hospital and New York University Medical Center. Dr. Giddon is founder and former president of the Behavioral Sciences and Health Services Research Group. Dr. Giddon currently also serves as Clinical Professor of Psychology at the University of Illinois College of Dentistry and Clinical Professor of Community Health at the Brown University Medical School and New York University where he has served as Professor and Dean of the School of Dentistry.
- Author(s)Donald B. Giddon
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2006
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Out-of-print date03/12/2013
- Content Note27 illustrations
- Weight758 g
- Width179 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAlbert G. Forgione,David I. Mostofsky,Donald B. Giddon
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.