All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBehavioral ecomics has potential to offer vel solutions to some of today's most pressing public health problems: How do we persuade people to eat healthy and lose weight? How can health professionals communicate health risks in a way that is heeded? How can food labeling be modified to inform healthy food choices? Behavioral Ecomics and Public Health is the first book to apply the groundbreaking insights of behavioral ecomics to the persisting problems of health behaviors and behavior change. In addition to providing a primer on the behavioral ecomics principles that are most relevant to public health, this book offers details on how these principles can be employed to mitigating the world's greatest health threats, including obesity, smoking, risky sexual behavior, and excessive drinking. With contributions from an international team of scholars from psychology, ecomics, marketing, public health, and medicine, this book is a trailblazing new approach to the most difficult and important problems of our time.
- Author BiographyChristina A. Roberto, PhD, is an Assistant Professor of Social & Behavioral Sciences and Nutrition at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. She is a psychologist and epidemiologist whose research aims to identify, understand, and alter the environmental and social forces that promote unhealthy eating behaviors linked to obesity and eating disorders. In her work, she draws upon the fields of psychology, behavioral economics, marketing, and public health to answer research questions that can provide policymakers and institutions with science-based guidance. Ichiro Kawachi, MD, PhD, is the John L. Loeb and Frances Lehman Loeb Professor of Social Epidemiology and Chair of the Department of Social & Behavioral Sciences at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, where he has taught since 1992. He has previously coedited Social Epidemiology, Neighborhoods and Health, Globalization and Health, and the Oxford Handbook of Public Health Practice, all published by Oxford University Press. Kawachi lectures about social epidemiology through the Harvard University Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) platform, edX. His course, Health and Society (PHx 201), is a version of the class that he has taught for twenty years at Harvard. In 2013-1014, 35,000 students from all over the world were enrolled in the MOOC course.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight510 g
- Width165 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byChristina A. Roberto,Ichiro Kawachi
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.