All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionBehavioral Issues in Horses: Why Do They Do That? is a valuable resource for anyone who has experienced the fear or frustration of their horse exhibiting dangerous/undesirable behaviors. Through personal accounts that are both entertaining and educational, author and horse trainer Nicole Brickner covers the most common behavioral issues horses develop, including bucking, kicking, rearing, biting, bolting, and more. She begins by describing natural horse behavior and why horses behave the way they do, and then explains how we can use this kwledge to work with a horse on a level it can understand. Next, she explores the possible physical, behavioral, and emotional causes of the various behaviors, and explains how the solution to a particular behavior can be very different depending on which of those possible causes is the root of the issue. In this unique approach, the root causes are recognized as originating from either physical (pain, hunger, etc.), behavioral (choice, conditioning, habit), or emotional (fear, anger, instinct) sources. Depending on which of these triggers is causing the issue, the path to resolving the behavior is very different. Finally, Nicole explains how to address the various behaviors, with dozens of stories based on her own experiences that illustrate solutions to each behavior, for each possible root cause. If there are horses in your life, you'll enjoy the insights and adventures in Behavioral Issues in Horses: Why Do They Do That?
- Author BiographyNicole Brickner has worked with, trained and shown horses from an early age. She graduated from UW River Falls in 2001 with a Bachelor of Science in Animal Science with an equine emphasis. Her mission is to make our presence in animals' lives a positive experience, through mutual respect, trust, consistency and compassion. Nicole offers horse training, riding lessons, seminars and workshops for horses and riders in the Fox Valley area of Wisconsin and beyond. Check out her popular blog at NBhorsetraining.com and connect with her at facebook.com/NBHorseTraining.
- Author(s)Nicole Brickner
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.