Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionBill Rogers UK Tour 2017 - find out more today! In this revised and updated edition of Bill Rogers' bestselling book, the author draws on his extensive experience as an educational consultant and trainer to help teachers and managers develop a whole-school strategy for dealing with student behaviour. In his distinctive accessible and entertaining style, he offers practical suggestions to support teachers as they face the pressures of accountability, assessment and rising concerns about student behaviour. Topics covered include: * positive discipline and the importance of consistency; * particular skills in the language of discipline - verbal and n-verbal; * techniques for managing bullying, aggression, rudeness and violence; * methods to use with behaviourally disordered students; * the 4Rs - rights, rules, responsibilities and routines; * behavioural consequences including 'time-out'; * behaviour agreements - 'contracts'; * playground management; * how to set up a behaviour management plan and express it in a policy. Bill Rogers inspires confidence in a school's capacity to work as a cohesive, co-operative unit, linked with parents and the community, to manage behaviour successfully.
- Author BiographyDr. Bill Rogers taught for many years before becoming an education consultant and author; he lectures widely on behaviour management, discipline, effective teaching, stress management and teacher welfare across the UK and Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Bill also works as a mentor-teacher, team-teaching in challenging schools. He is well aware of the challenges of teacher leadership in schools today. Bill read theology at Ridley College Melbourne University, then psychology and education also at Melbourne University. He is a Fellow of the Australian College of Education, Honorary Life Fellow of All Saints and Trinity College, Leeds University and Honorary Fellow at Melbourne University Graduate School of Education. He has written many books for SAGE Publications. To find out more about Bill's work, visit his website www.billrogers.com.au where you will find full details of how to book him for a workshop or training event.
- Author(s)Bill Rogers,William A. Rogers
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication19/04/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.