All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCorporate governance failures are all too frequent and their patterns and outcomes seem avoidably familiar. This book examines the findings of behavioural finance and ecomics that are most relevant to governance problems, and suggests potential solutions that are best suited to real-world practice and circumstance. There is a great deal of existing theory that claims to predict the causes and effects of poor governance, and provide solutions. However, the implementation of such measures seems to do little more than merely delay inevitable crises. This book develops a synthesis framework to examine the relative strengths and weaknesses of a behavioural versus deductive approach to understanding the failures of governance. It concludes with a discussion of how corporate governance theory may need to shift going forward, perhaps to include a 'heterodox' ecosystem of theoretical paradigms. This book will be of interest to students, researchers and practitioners concerned with corporate governance, ecomic theory and behavioural ecomics.
- Author BiographyCameron Elliott Gordon is Adjunct Associate Professor, Health Research Institute, University of Canberra, Australia.
- Author(s)Cameron Elliott Gordon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Behavioural Economics and Finance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.