All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his second vel, Guyanese-American author and poet Pablo unveils a compelling and inspiring narrative of his personal journey through five myocardial infarctions and two major flares of Behcetas syndrome, a rare auto-immune disease with kwn cause or cure. Highly motivated and ambitious, Pablo is well on his way to fulfilling his dream of becoming a pharmaceutical marketing executive when fate deals him a cruel hand. Strange symptoms suddenly appear and disappear with disturbing frequency. His doctors have answers as the symptoms spiral out of control, culminating in multiple hospitalizations and surgeries. Through it all, and with the love and support of his wife and family, Pablo perseveres and weathers the storm, emerging on the other side, a better husband, father, son and friend. Ultimately, Pabloas medical background, wit and poetic flair combine to produce an informative, engaging and fascinating tale of persistence and reinvention in the face of overwhelming odds.
- Date of Publication16/02/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.