All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionTold by his own son, this is the riveting story of an Allied soldier who risked his life to save 149 prisoners-of-war. In 1944, hundreds of Allied soldiers were trapped in the prisoner-of-war camps off the Atlantic coast of occupied France. Red Cross volunteer Andy Hodges was tapped for what sounded like a suicide mission to bring aide to the POWs - alone and unarmed, matching his wits against the Nazi war machine. This is the true story of one man's selflessness, ingenuity and victory in the face of impossible adversity.
- Author BiographyAndrew G. Hodges, Jr., M.D., is the firstborn son of World War II hero Andrew Gerow Hodges. He is a psychiatrist in private practice and has served as assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine. Dr. Hodges has helped pioneer a breakthrough to the brilliant unconscious mind, which he explained in his groundbreaking book, The Deeper Intelligence. Criminal investigators and journalists have sought Hodges expertise as a forensic profiler in cases ranging from the murder of JonBenet Ramsey to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. He is also the author of Jesus: An Interview Across Time (A Psychiatrist Looks at His Humanity) a fascinating portrait of Jesus as man and God. Dr. Hodges lives in Birmingham, Alabama, with his family. Denise George is an author, teacher, and speaker. She has written or cowritten twenty-seven books, including The Secret Holocaust Diaries: The Untold Story of Nonna Bannister ; While the World Watched: A Birmingham Bombing Survivor Comes of Age During the Civil Rights Movement ; and The Gentle Giant of Dynamite Hill: The Untold Story of Arthur Shores and His Family s Fight for Civil Rights. Her work has been published in numerous magazines, journals, and newspapers. She is married to author Dr. Timothy George and lives in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Author(s)Andrew Gerow Hodges,Denise George
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication04/08/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerkley Publishing Corporation,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.