All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionIn February 2013 the news of successful model Reeva Steenkamp's fatal shooting by her boyfriend and global sporting star Oscar Pistorius stunned the world. Over the ensuing months, as Pistorius appeared in court, applied for bail and was eventually put on trial, every detail that emerged was analysed, debated, justified and digested. The world was haunted by the events as they were repeated and discussed at length. Public perception vacillated from version to version and from hour to hour. Finally, Judge Masipa found him to be t guilty of premeditated murder - but guilty of culpable homicide. Written by Mandy Weiner and Barry Batemen, the go-to journalists on the case for the world's media, Behind the Door is a compelling narrative that meticulously unpacks the evidence that has been so heavily scrutinised on all sides. But more than that, this book seeks to go beyond the facts of the case in search of the wider context behind this shocking tragedy: the back story of the police investigation, the nature of the South African criminal justice system, the culture of violence in South Africa and the need of society to create flawed heroes who are destined to fail. Vivid and gripping, Behind the Door is the most authoritative and insightful account of what really happened behind closed doors that fateful Valentine's morning.
- Author BiographyMANDY WIENER is an award-winning investigative journalist and author of the true-crime bestseller Killing Kebble: An Underworld Exposed and the acclaimed memoir My Second Initiation (co-written with Advocate Vusi Pikoli). Wiener has been reporting on crime, the courts and politics in South Africa for the past decade. BARRY BATEMAN has been reporting in Pretoria, the hometown of Oscar Pistorius, for more than ten years, for the last four of these as the Pretoria Correspondent for Eyewitness News, for which he has won several awards. Bateman was the first journalist on the scene of the shooting and has been covering every development since.
- Author(s)Barry Bateman,Mandy Wiener
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight956 g
- Width160 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.