All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDevastated by the collapse of both his marriage and a flourishing Hollywood career, DANNY VIEIRA flees to the sanctuary of an isolated Portuguese farm owned by an old couple, SILVINO & EUFEMIA FORTE. Fifty years earlier, Silvi brought his bride south from remote Tras os Montes (Behind the Mountains) in a donkey-cart. He dreamt of going to America, but their money was stolen, time passed and they settled on the farm. Their son, MARCO, fulfilled the dream of America, but died in 9/11. Grief-stricken, they withdrew from the world, the farm deteriorated and Eufemia became increasingly senile. Danny struggled at first with their simple life, but was helped by TERESA OURO, an American language teacher living in Portugal. Gradually they fell in love, although she was t convinced he would stay. Eventually, they will all learn of the permanence of true love and family.
- Author BiographyDavid Lewis was born in Wales and moved to Hollywood to become a director of photography. He has shot everything from movies to commercials and music videos, specialising in comedies. After several years living in a remote Portuguese farm, he now lives in southern California with Rockat, a Maine Coon cat who believes he is a pitbull.
- Author(s)MR David Lewis
- Date of Publication30/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.