All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionHere you will find a collection of exquisite, candid photographs taken during the 30-day location shoot of the World War II drama, They Were Expendable. This is the first and only time that the making of a classic motion picture was chronicled pictorially. The photographs have been fully captioned and the book covers all details about the making of the movie, including some new information never before revealed until w. There are numerous vivid recollections by photographer Nick Scutti, who got to mingle with the likes of John Ford, Robert Montgomery and John Wayne as well as many of the supporting members of the cast and technicians. Through these pictures, we get to see exactly what went on before the cameras began rolling and afterward. In some instances, many statements previously made by MGM publicity and John Ford himself (which have been documented in other books), are disproven by these shots. The book also contains brief biographies of the main stars of the film as well as the two men the book (and movie) were based upon. The publication of this book also coincides with the 70th anniversary of the original release of the film. For World War II aficionados or anyone who loves this classic movie or the films of John Ford and/or John Wayne, this is a delightful treasure trove of new information, never before published.
- Author BiographyLou Sabini teaches various film history courses throughout the northeast and is the head of the Stamford, Connecticut chapter of the International Laurel and Hardy Appreciation Society, Sons of the Desert. He lives in Stamford, USA. Former U.S. Navy Captain, Nicholas Scutti is a retired professional photographer. He lives in Stamford, Connecticut, USA.
- Author(s)Lou Sabini,Nicholas Scutti
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note150 photographs
- Weight363 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.