Behind the Sofa: Celebrity Memories of Doctor Who by Troubador Publishing (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBehind The Sofa is a collection of over 100 celebrity memories of Doctor Who, compiled in aid of Alzheimer's Research UK. Steve Berry decided to undertake this project in memory of his mother Janet, who suffered from Alzheimer's in her final years and passed away in 2009. The book has taken more than four years to put together and its publication has been crowd-funded by the pre-orders of an enthusiastic Whovian community. 100% of the book royalties, proceeds and net profit will be donated to Alzheimer's Research UK. Contributors include comedians Al Murray, Stephen Merchant, and Bill Oddie; actors Lynda Bellingham, Nicholas Parsons, and Rhys Thomas; writers Neil Gaiman, Jenny Colgan, Jonathan Ross and Charlie Brooker and politicians Louise Mensch and Tom Harris. In addition, there is input from a number of the writers, actors and production staff who were involved in creating Doctor Who stories new and old. I always had a sneaking suspicion that everyone in the world loves Doctor Who. Now I have proof! If I could get all the famous names who contributed to this book into one room, it would be the maddest Doctor Who party ever. Until then, their favourite memories of the programme are preserved for all to see. Plus, everyone who buys a copy will be helping to give hope to the 820,000 people in the UK living with dementia today, says author Steve Berry. The book has been beautifully illustrated by popular Doctor Who Magazine artist Ben Morris and is a must-have for Whovians worldwide.
- Author BiographySteve Berry is an author and freelance writer who has contributed to a number of magazines, including Maxim and Scarlet, and has been a guest reviewer for TalkSport's Hawksbee & Jacobs radio show and Panini's Doctor Who Magazine. He has also written comedy for TV, newspapers and the internet. He has appeared on countless radio and TV shows talking about his specialist retro subjects, TV, toys, sweets and snacks, including Channel Five's Greatest Moments series, UK Gold's Porridge and Doctor Who weekends, BBC Four's The Hard Sell and C4's Top Ten TV and 100 Greatest Toys.
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date01/06/2015
- Weight363 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.