All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a data-driven message that exposes the cyberwar media campaign being directed by the Pentagon and its patronage networks. By demonstrating that the American public is being coerced by a threat that has been blown out of proportion -- much like the run-up to the Gulf War or the global war on terror -- this book discusses how the tion of cyberwar instils a crisis mentality that discourages formal risk assessment, making the public anxious and hence susceptible to ill-conceived solutions. With content that challenges conventional tions regarding cyber security, Behold a Pale Farce covers topics -- including cybercrime; modern espionage; mass-surveillance systems; and the threats facing infrastructure targets such as the Federal Reserve, the stock exchange, and telecommunications -- in a way that provides objective analysis rather than advocacy. This book is a must-read for anyone concerned with the recent emergence of Orwellian tools of mass interception that have developed under the guise of national security.
- Author BiographyBill Blunden is an independent investigator whose current areas of inquiry include information security, antiforensics, and institutional analysis. He is the author of several books, including Offshoring IT: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly and The Rootkit Arsenal. Violet Cheung is a professor of psychology at the University of San Francisco. Her research addresses self-control, aggression, and war. They both live in San Francisco.
- Author(s)Bill Blunden,Violet Cheung
- PublisherTrine Day
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWalterville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTrine Day
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight412 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.