Beijing Urban Memory: Historic Buildings and Historic Sites, Central Axes and City Walls: 2016 by Fang Wang (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $93.49Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $163.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the cross-disciplinary perspective of urban management and planning, geography and architecture, this book explores the theory and methods of urban memory, selecting Beijing's historic buildings, historic areas, central areas and city walls as research cases. It is divided into three parts: factors analysis, modeling and practical application. It lays a scientific foundation and provides practical methods for the management of historical spaces, residents' and commercial activities, optimizing the layout and structure of the historic spaces, updating the protection of old buildings, promoting the organic growth of historic sites and the sustainable development of urbanization with new concepts.
- Author BiographyDr. Fang Wang(1973-) is Associate Professor in College of Architecture and Landscape Architecture, Peking University and a registered urban planner. After receiving a Ph.D. in Architectural Design and Theory from Tsinghua University, Dr. WANG completed her postdoctoral research in geography with a concentration in urban planning at Peking University. From 2011 to 2012 Dr. WANG was a visiting scholar at Harvard University Graduate School of Design. She is a member of the Chinese Academy of City Planning, Chinese Geographical Society, and Chinese Architectural Society. Her research fields are urban planning and management, especially focusing on the protection, renewal and sustainable development of cultural landscape and historical districts. Dr. WANG has published over 70 articles and 2 books and has translated a total of 8 English academic books. She has piloted one China Natural Science Foundation project (No.51078003), two Sino-German Center projects (No.GZ1156, GZ1201) and six other projects of provincial and ministry-level funding. She also led her team to win the Second Prize of Land Resources Science and Technology Award in 2015 sponsored by Ministry of Land and Resources, the Third Prize of Excellent Tourism Academic Achievements in 2011 sponsored by National Tourism Administration. It is worth mentioning that Ms. WANG has signed with Springer for publishing two (series) books, one is Urbanization and Locality: Strengthening Identity and Sustainability by Site-specific Planning and Design (by WANG Fang, Martin Prominski) which has been published, another is Geo-architecture Landscape in China's Geographic and Historic Context Series (by WANG Fang) which has been submitted in September, 2015.
- Author(s)Fang Wang
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication04/05/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Business
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note54 black & white illustrations, 35 colour illustrations, 91 colour tables, biography
- Weight578 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.