All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy should we foster creativity in primary English? This practical and readable book demonstrates how creative thinking and learning can support primary English teaching. With chapters mapped to the Teachers' Standards and links to the new National Curriculum, each chapter provides a case study exploring high-quality primary English practice including planning, rationale and ideas for the classroom. These are fully grounded in a wide range of theoretical frameworks, viewpoints and values. Reflective activities in each chapter offering practical exercises and additional reading suggestions, encourage trainee teachers to further their understanding of how theory translates to classroom practice. This inspiring book helps support learning, teaching and assessment without losing invation, excitement and motivation for both teachers and children.
- Author BiographyAdrian Copping has been working in teacher education for the last twelve years. At present, he is Primary PGCE Programme Leader and Senior Lecturer in English and Literacy based at the Lancaster campus of the University of Cumbria. Previously, Adrian worked at two contrasting schools in Lancashire, as class teacher and leader. Adrian's particular interests are the use of teacher-in-role and other drama techniques to develop children's writing and understanding of text and also the impact of creative thinking on children's writing. Adrian has presented work on this at various national and international conferences. In his teacher education work, Adrian continues to develop close working relationships with primary schools, which have enabled him to keep abreast of current practice as well as develop his areas of research interest.
- Author(s)Adrian Copping
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication19/09/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight431 g
- Width168 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.