All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionFull of practical 'how to' tips for applying theoretical methods - 'doing ethgraphy' - this book also provides anecdotal evidence and advice for new and experienced researchers on how to engage with their own participation in the field - 'being ethgraphic'. The book clearly sets out the important definitions, methods and applications of field research whilst reinforcing the infinite variability of the human subject and addressing the challenges presented by ethgraphers' own passions, intellectual interests, biases and ideologies. Classic and personal real-world case studies are used by the author to introduce new researchers to the reality of applying ethgraphic theory and practice in the field. The topics include: Talking to People: negotiations, conversations & interviews; Being with People: participation; Looking at People: observations & images; Description: writing 'down' field tes; Analysis to Interpretation: writing 'out' data; and, Interpretation to Story: writing 'up' ethgraphy. Clear, engaging and original, this book provides invaluable advice as well as practical tools and study aids for those engaged in ethgraphic research.
- Author BiographyDr Raymond Madden is Lecturer in Aboriginal Studies at La Trobe University, Australia.
- Author(s)Raymond Madden
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/04/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.