All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Biblical Perspective on What It Means to Be Human This major work by a widely respected Old Testament scholar and theologian unpacks a biblical perspective on fundamental questions of what it means to be human. J. Gordon McConville explores how a biblical view of humanity provides a foundation for Christian reflection on ethics, ecomics, politics, and church life and practice. The book shows that the Old Testament's view of humanity as earthed and embodied plays an essential part in a well-rounded Christian theology and spirituality, and applies the theological concept of the image of God to all areas of human existence.
- Author BiographyJ. Gordon McConville (PhD, Queen's University, Belfast) is professor of Old Testament theology at the University of Gloucestershire in Gloucestershire, England, where he has taught for more than twenty years. He has authored or edited many books, including commentaries on Deuteronomy, Joshua, 1 and 2 Chronicles, and Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther.
- Author(s)J Gordon McConville
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.