Being Mobile: Future Wireless Technologies and Applications by William Webb (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $90.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
About this product
- DescriptionDo you need to get up to speed quickly on the techlogies and services that could transform the wireless world over the coming decade? Whether you work directly with wireless or in a sector where wireless solutions could be beneficial (e.g. healthcare, transport, sensor networks, location and smart metering), this concise guide provides a critical insight into future developments. For the first time, you will have a clear view of all the key techlogies, including mesh networks, white space/cognitive devices, 4G/LTE and femtocells, and all the sectors or applications in which they could be used, with a comparison of the positives and negatives of each techlogy and sector area. You'll also see where the techlogies required overlap and so could bring benefits across multiple areas, as well as how the key drivers of change in the past may impact on the future.
- Author BiographyWilliam Webb is Director of Technology Resources at Ofcom, the UK telecommunications regulator. He is also a Visiting Professor at Surrey University and De Montfort University, and a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering, the IEEE and the IET, where he is also a Vice President. He has previously published 10 books, 80 papers and 4 patents, and he is the Series Editor for the Cambridge Wireless Essentials book series published by Cambridge University Press. His industry experience spans a range of communication consultancies in the fields of hardware design, computer simulation, propagation modelling, spectrum management and strategy development.
- Author(s)William Webb
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note11 b/w illus. 2 tables
- Weight600 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.