About this product
- DescriptionChuck Queen explores the following themes from a distinctly progressive Christian viewpoint: Scripture, faith, Christianity, salvation, discipleship, and the Beatitudes. Each chapter consists of seven reflections; each reflection is followed by questions that probe deeper into the topic and facilitate group discussion. As an introduction to progressive Christianity, the author wrote with the church in mind, providing a good resource for church discipleship and study groups. For example, chapter 1 includes the following topics: What the Bible Says Is Not Necessarily What God Says The Bible Is Not an Answer Book Reading Scripture Transformatively Hearing the Divine Voice How Jesus Read His Bible Experience Generally Trumps Tradition Horing Sacred Texts Each reflection is designed to stir the reader's theological imagination, spark critical thinking, and nurture Christian faith and spirituality. The articles weave together personal experiences and vignettes from literature and film, with creative biblical interpretation and theological exposition. Most of all, they are intended to ignite new questions that will inspire the reader to explore, think, and embrace the mystery of the Christian spiritual path. Chuck Queen is a minister, teacher, author, and blogger at http: //www.afreshperspective-chuck.blogspot.com. He welcomes conversation at email@example.com.
- Author(s)Chuck Queen
- PublisherNurturing Faith Inc.
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNurturing Faith Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.68New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.81
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $39.94Trending at AU $43.80
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.16
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.56
- AU $77.28Trending at AU $94.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.