All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeing a Successful Interpreter: Adding Value and Delivering Excellence is a practice-oriented guide on the future of interpreting and the ways in which interpreters can adjust their business and professional practices for the changing market. The book considers how globalisation and human migration have brought interpreting to the forefront and the subsequent need for interpreters to serve a more diverse client base in more varied contexts. At its core is the view that interpreters must move from the traditional impartial and distant approach to become committed to adding value for their clients. Features include: * Interviews with leading interpreting experts such as Valeria Aliperta, Judy and Dagmar Jenner and Esther Navarro-Hall * Examples from authentic interpreting practice * Practice-driven, research-backed discussion of the challenges facing the future of interpreting * Guides for personal development * Ideas for group activities and development activities within professional associations. Being a Successful Interpreter is a practical and thorough guide to the business and personal aspects of interpreting. Written in an engaging and user-friendly manner, it is ideal for professional interpreters practising in conference, medical, court, business and public service settings, as well as for students and recent graduates of interpreting studies. Winner of the Proz.com Best Book Prize 2016.
- Author BiographyJonathan Downie is a French-English and English-French conference interpreter as well as a researcher, writer and speaker in interpreting and translation. His doctoral thesis at Heriot-Watt University focussed on expectations of interpreters in church settings, which started him on the idea of using research to help interpreters. He regularly writes on the connections between research and practice in translation and interpreting for the ITI Bulletin and VKD Kurier.
- Author(s)Jonathan Downie
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/05/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight390 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.