All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExperienced teachers and administrators kw how important it is to give beginning teachers the support and advice they need. This incredibly straightforward and useful guide will help mentor teachers to develop effective mentoring strategies, including how to provide direct assistance, demonstration teaching, observation and feedback, informal contact, and role modelling. You'll also find monthly listings of activities designed to promote interaction between mentors and proteges that correspond to activities and events occurring in a typical school year. Five additional resources, including a first-day checklist, provide valuable information and tools to help you mentor the beginning teacher. Headteachers, staff developers, university supervisors, beginning and experienced teachers will all find this book a useful tool to understanding the complex yet invaluable process of guidance, assistance, and support needed to help beginning teachers succeed.
- Author BiographyIn her 40 years as an educator, Kathleen Feeney Jonson, Professor Emeritus, has been a teacher, taught director of staff development, principal, director of curriculum and instruction, and university faculty. She conducted numerous workshops for teachers and administrators on such topics as reading comprehension strategies, writing process, portfolio assessment, peer coaching, and beginning teacher assistance programs. Until her retirement in summer 2009, Jonson was professor of education and coordinator of the Master in Arts in Teaching Reading program at the University of San Francisco's School of Education. She published three books with Corwin Press, including The New Elementary Teacher's Handbook (1st edition 1997, 2nd edition 2001), Being an Effective Mentor: How to Help Beginning Teachers Succeed (1st edition 2002, 2nd edition 2007), and 60 Strategies for Improving Reading Comprehension in Grades K-8 (2006).
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/06/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight472 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byKathleen Feeney Jonson
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.