All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPictures aren't less of a communication than written and spoken languages, pictures aren't 'something for babies' they're something else entirely. They're a more universal language. But they're also a poetic language when used that way, communicating something more than words usually can. This is the fifth volume of BEINGS, a picture book designed purely for adults. It's a great conversation starter, so put it on your coffee table.
- Author BiographyThe author, Initially NO, says, 'I think it was when pictures disappeared from books around age 8, that I couldn't get into books anymore. My mind just wandered as my eyes read the words and I ended up at the end of the book wondering what the book was about. I was told not to read comics as they were said to be 'trashy' and was forced to read books that were trite and patronising and if they had pictures in them, the pictures didn't have any emotion to them. I couldn't get into them, they derided me. Even the rare pictures in those books were careful and graphical and precise depictions of bla. Nothing to give me a felt-sense of what I needed in the loneliness of trudge. I did eventually understand the magic of words, but I have forever sought out pictures that portrayed ideas, narratives and understandings that words never quite give me the exact picture of.'
- Author(s)Initially No
- Date of Publication15/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.