All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionIn this practical, accessible guide, Claire Aristides, one of today's hottest, most inspirational jewellery designers, shows how to make your own fabulous creations. Packed with beautiful, bespoke pieces, Bejewelled comprises a breathtaking range of vintage, classic and contemporary necklaces, earrings, bracelets and rings. These original, feminine creations have been selected from Claire's own stunning jewellery designs and consist of more than thirty unashamedly sexy, glamorous and totally wearable accessories for every occasion. Claire's passion for handmade excellence is apparent throughout the book in the simplicity of her jewellery, her love of mixing colour and texture, and her ability to choose the most alluring stones and materials. Satin ribbon and suede make dramatic statements when teamed with crystals and wooden beads, while topaz pendants mix luxuriously with decorative gold adornments. Claire offers invaluable advice on getting started, how to approach the design of jewellery and how to choose from the vast array of beads and materials available. She goes on to give instruction on how to accomplish the basics, from making links and fastenings, and stringing different components, to how to secure the finished pieces. Within the 'Jewellery Collection' itself, thirty step-by-step projects allow you to acquire a variety of skills, including wiring and working with different materials such as semi-precious stones, shell and cord, and in the process becoming more proficient. All the projects -whether a tiger's eye ring, a pair of turquoise teardrop earrings or a Swarovski crystal pendent- put creative jewellery design within everyone's reach.
- Author BiographyAustralian born Claire Aristides moved from Sydney ten years ago to live in the UK, and has since made her name as designer of her own bespoke fashion jewellery brand (www.clairearistides.com). Her innovative range of classic and contemporary necklaces, earrings and bracelets, created to suit every style and budget, has won Claire critical acclaim from fashion experts all around the globe. Her designs are stocked in over 70 boutiques and department stores in the UK, Japan and USA, including REISS and mail-order catalogues Red-Direct and Plumo. Her jewellery has also won great media attention, featuring on national TV such as ITV 1's This Morning as well as in countless magazines, including ELLE, Grazia, Easy Living, Red, Eve, Retailer Jeweller and Crafts Beautiful. Claire's love and passion for jewellery led her to start the Claire Aristides Jewellery School, London. She also has a range of jewellery-making kits available online.
- Author(s)Claire Aristides
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication25/09/2010
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Out-of-print date03/03/2015
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Width230 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.