All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on 40 years interviewing experience, this book illustrates the variety of religious, spiritual and other beliefs held by older people. It provides models of research procedure, especially in the context of bereavement. Participants include t only British Christians, but also Muslims, Humanists and witnesses of the Soviet persecution of religion. The author argues that both welfare professionals and gerontologists need to pay far more consideration to belief as a constituent of well-being in later life.
- Author BiographyPeter G. Coleman is Professor of Psychogerontology at the University of Southampton, a joint appointment between social sciences and medicine. He has published widely on issues of development and mental health in later life, including the role of life review and spiritual belief.
- Author(s)Peter G. Coleman
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAgeing and the Lifecourse Series
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.