Believe Eg21: Play Like There Is No Tomorrow by Mike McCann (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.18Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 2005 Charleston Southern University football team was poised for their best season in school history. The Buccaneers earned a school-best 5-5 record in their preceding season. It was the first time the program had achieved a n-losing status. At feat with which everyone on campus was satisfied. Everyone, that is, except the team. A gap less than 100 football fields stands between n-losing and winning. The endless buckets of sweat and the occasional splatter of blood were never shed for n-losing seasons. Those were for wins. The early morning runs and the sacrifice of a rmal college experience wasn't for mediocrity, they were for greatness. This unrest is what fueled us during the program's most important offseason. We were stacked with offensive weapons and defensive playmakers. Emerging leaders like Eddie Gadson pushed the team to improve during 5:30 a.m. workouts and player-led practices throughout the spring. Our attitude blurred between cocky and confident. But that all changed when tragedy struck a few short weeks before the season was slated to begin. Our worlds were shocked and a wound was delivered to us like we had never experienced. As pride morphed to humility, our confidence gave way to something bigger: the ability to believe. The ability to believe in each other. The ability to believe that a football team can provide healing. The ability to believe, against all odds, that the last place team in the conference could have a chance to play for a championship. The ability to believe in something bigger than ourselves. This is the story of the 2005 CSU Bucs. This is how we learned to believe.
- Author BiographyOne of my goals in life has been to write the book I've always wanted to read. The story of the 2005 Buccaneer football team is one of the greatest sports stories never told. All of my writing, from the blog to my short ebook 'Giving 2 Gain' has been in preparation for the release of Believe EG21 in the fall of 2015. It has been my privilege to write this book, I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I've enjoyed creating it. I played football at Charleston Southern University from 2004 - 2008, graduating in 2007 with a BA in Business Management and again in 2011 with his MBA. I spent six and a half years in the furniture industry as the VP of Operations for Atlantic Bedding and Furniture before pursuing my writing career. Today, my writing can be found on my personal blog (below), CSU Magazine, and here in Amazon. I am a writer, entrepreneur, football coach, and philanthropist residing in Charleston, SC.
- Author(s)Mike McCann
- PublisherMike McCann
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMike McCann
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byStephanie McLain Araujo
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.