All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA bestseller on Amazon.com within months of its first release, Alan AtKisson's debut book quickly became a modern classic of sustainability literature. Global companies, grassroots groups, university courses, government agencies, and even the US Army ordered it by the box. Now fully revised and updated, Believing Cassandra: How to be an Optimist in a Pessimist's World is even more relevant, fresh, and motivating than when it first appeared in 1999. In a style that's refreshingly candid and vivid, with unforgettable personal anecdotes, AtKisson provides us with a bridge over the sea of despair, and shows us how to catch the wave to an enticing, sustainable future. He empowers the reader to join the pioneers who created the ideas, techniques and practices of sustainable living - the people who prove Cassandra's warnings wrong, by believing in them, and taking strategic action.
- Author BiographyAlan AtKisson is President and CEO of The AtKisson Group, an international sustainability consultancy to business and government (see www.AtKisson.com). Known around the world for his inspiring keynotes and workshops, he is also the author of The ISIS Agreement (Earthscan 2008) and co-author of The Natural Advantage of Nations (Earthscan, 2006).
- Author(s)Alan AtKisson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteGraphs, index
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.30Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.