All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you put your ear to Dunwich cliff on a stormy day you can hear the bells ringing from all the churches that have fallen into the sea. This book captures the long history of the Suffolk coastline and its mystery. This is an area that repays close attention and for twenty-five years Carl White has studied the coast intimately for his photographs. This book is a distillation of that close attention. Many of the photographs have a strong documentary feel with pictures of modern and traditional land use and the juxtaposition of man and nature. The themes that lovers of Suffolk would expect to see are there: rivers and reeds; churches and towers; and, the sea and the sky. The place names evoke such strong memories: Aldeburgh, Iken, Southwold, Thorpeness, Walberswick. The black and white photographs have been taken on cameras with a range of formats. Carl White includes some technical details. He worked as a commercial photographer around the world until 1997 when he turned artist photographer. He has exhibited in Britain, the United States and France. He w divides his time between Cambridge and France.
- Author(s)Carl White
- Publisher5m Publishing
- Date of Publication09/10/2009
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOld Pond Publishing Ltd
- Content Note102 photos
- Width240 mm
- Height240 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.