Ben Graham Was a Quant: Raising the IQ of the Intelligent Investor by Steven P. Greiner (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.46Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $38.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvative insights on creating models that will help you become a disciplined intelligent investor The pioneer of value investing, Benjamin Graham, believed in a philosophy that continues to be followed by some of today's most successful investors, such as Warren Buffett. Part of this philosophy includes adhering to your stock selection process come hell or high water which, in his view, was one of the most important aspects of investing. So, if a quant designs and implements mathematical models for predicting stock or market movements, what better way to remain objective, then to invest using algorithms or the quantitative method? This is exactly what Ben Graham Was a Quant will show you how to do. Opening with a brief history of quantitative investing, this book quickly moves on to focus on the fundamental and financial factors used in selecting Graham stocks, demonstrate how to test these factors, and discuss how to combine them into a quantitative model. * Reveals how to create custom screens based on Ben Graham's methods for security selection * Addresses what it takes to find those factors most influential in forecasting stock returns * Explores how to design models based on other styles and international strategies If you want to become a better investor, you need solid insights and the proper guidance. With Ben Graham Was a Quant, you'll receive this and much more, as you learn how to create quantitative models that follow in the footsteps of Graham's value philosophy.
- Author BiographySteven P. Greiner, Ph.D., has served as the senior quantitative strategist and portfolio manager for Allegiant Asset Management (now wholly owned by PNC Capital Advisors) and was a member of its Investment Committee. Prior to this, he was a senior quantitative strategist for large capitalization investments at Harris Investment Management. He has more than twenty years of quantitative and modeling experience. Currently, Dr. Greiner is the head of Risk Research for FactSet Research Systems. He received a BS in mathematics and chemistry from the University of Buffalo, an MS and PhD in physical chemistry from the University of Rochester, and attained postdoctoral experience from the Free University Berlin, Department of Physics.
- Author(s)Steven P. Greiner
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleWiley Finance Series
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width158 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.