All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionBen the tramp, with his usual genius for trouble, runs into danger when he finds a dead body and decides to help out. Ben knew that whenever his thumbs were itching, something 'orrible' was about to happen. Sure eugh, on one foggy afteron of itchy thumbs, the hapless Ben is implicated in criminal activity by the police - the kind of mistake it isn't easy to explain. Doing a runner, Ben hides in the basement of a deserted house, where he discovers the body of a well-dressed man, shot through the head ...and much more trouble than he bargained for. The subsequent hair-raising events are charged with all the mounting excitement that made J. Jefferson Farjeon a peerless storyteller and Ben one of the most popular but urthodox amateur detectives of his day.
- Author BiographyJ. Jefferson Farjeon (1883-1955) was the author of more than 60 crime and thriller novels. His work was highly acclaimed in his day. He is now best known as the author of the bestselling Mystery in White , and also No.17 , a play that was brought to the big screen by Alfred Hitchcock and led to the series of popular 'Ben' detective novels.
- Author(s)J. Jefferson Farjeon
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication11/08/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCollins Crime Club
- Weight180 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.