All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHurricane Katrina took her mother and granmother. And even though Laurel Daneau has moves on to a new life--one that includes a new best friend, a spot on the cheerleading squad, and dating the co-captain of the football team--she can't get past the pain of that loss. Then her new boyfriend introduces her to meth, and Laurel is instantly seduced by its spell, the way it erases, even if only temporarily, her memories. Soon Laurel is completely hooked, a shell of her former self, desperate to be whole again, but lacking the strength to break free. But with the help of a new friend--and the loyalty of an old one--she is able to rewrite her own story and move on with her own life. Dreamlike in quality and weaving flashbacks to the hurricane in with Laurel's present-day struggles, this is a stunning vel that readers won't want to miss.
- Author BiographyJacqueline Woodson (www.jacquelinewoodson.com), winner of the Margaret A. Edwards Award for lifetime achievement in writing for young adults, is the author of Newbery Honor winners After Tupac and D Foster, Feathers, and Show Way, Coretta Scott King Honor winner and Los Angeles Times Book Prize winner Miracle's Boys, National Book Award finalists Locomotion and Hush, and many others. She lives with her family in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Woodson
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.48
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $43.81
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.