Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionAnselm Gra n, OSB, famed Benedictine author and cellarer'supplies manager 'of his monastery at Ma nsterschwarzach, offers brief reflections on aspects of the Rule of Benedict. He sketches the life of Benedict and reflects on how Benedict's instructions enable one to live constantly in the presence of God. Even the most mundane objects are signs of the presence of God. It is t merely that we focus our attention on God, but that we're aware that God always focuses attention on us, loving and encouraging us in al things. For example: he calls the cellarer to regard al utensils and goods of the monastery as sacred vessels of the altar. Gra n also ponders how work is an aid to prayer and how the Benedictine vow of stability is essential to building community. Silence and the solitude that characterize the monastic are conditions for the possibility of genuine community. Each chapter concludes with a brief reflection on the state of contemporary society and how the aspect of the Rule of Benedict treated in the chapter applies to the needs of today. AnselmGra n, ThD, is a monk of the Benedictine abbey of Ma nsterschwarzach, Germany, where he has been cellarer since 1977. He is the author of many books, lectures, and courses on themes of spiritual life.
- Author BiographyAnselm Grun, OSB, is a monk of the Benedictine abbey of Munsterschwarzach, Germany, where he has been cellarer since 1977. He is the author of many books, lectures, and courses on themes of spiritual life.
- Author(s)Anselm Grun
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2006
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationCollegeville, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiturgical Press
- Weight86 g
- Width137 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Translated byLinda M. Maloney
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.