All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionBentonite are usually found in deep geographical areas. They are produced from rock, fossils, weathering of volcanic ash and disposal of high-level of radioactive waste in many countries. Bentonite mainly consist of clay mineral such as montmorillinite and kaolinite. They mainly exist in cationic form of organic compounds such as aromatic or aliphatic hydrocarbon and are employed to modify high cations exchange capacity, higher structural integrity, thermal conductivity, high chemical buffering capacity, and stiffness. Bentonite is a layer of natural silicate clay mineral having numerous properties such as large specific surface area, great absorption and interlayer exchangeable cation. Bentonite consists of outstanding physico-chemical properties which make it applicable in the areas such as water treatment, medical, groundwater barrier, farming, and construction. They are well kwn to be one of the most versatile and inexpensive treatments. The current book describes the bentonite characteristic, uses and implications for the environment in many areas of environmental science in particular, such as remediation, clean energy, water research and waste management. Researchers working in the area will benefit from the fundamental concepts and advanced approaches described in the book. The book is going to also be beneficial to researchers who are working for their graduate and postgraduate degrees in the area of science and techlogy. The book also provides a platform for all researchers as it covers a wide background in the subject from recent literature, abbreviations, and summaries. Additionally, this book covers a broader research area of chemistry, physics, environmental science, materials science, polymer science and engineering to present an interdisciplinary approach. This book contains the fundamental kwledge as well as recent advancements in the research and development of bentonite. The book also covers recent approaches and prospects about the current research and development of bentonite.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight528 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byAjay Kumar Mishra
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.