All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide provides a quick and easy reference to all of the official trails (and several ufficial ones) for hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, and swshoeing in Benzie County, Michigan. With the FIFTH edition, this book w covers 25 trails, including the Michigan Shore-to-Shore Trail. Explore year-round one of rthwestern Michigan's favorite counties! All trails can be used for hiking, most can be used for cross-country skiing and swshoeing, and several for mountain biking. The Shore-to-Shore Trail is also used by horse riders. The Betsie Valley Trail is a former railroad with a long paved section that can also be used by road bikes and roller blades. In addition to all the wonderful well-kwn water-based recreational opportunities in Benzie County, there are several lovely trails to explore, all via your choice of human-powered transportation. This guide is for anyone interested in experiencing even more of the outdoor splendor the county has to offer. The trails explore along streams, rivers, and inland lakes, as well as Lake Michigan's beaches, bluffs, and great views. They travel through woods, meadows, hills, valleys, wetlands, and dunes. Some pass through former farms and orchards or follow old railroads or logging trails. Four of the trails are in the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. All encompass myriad plant and animal life and have something unique to offer. Included in the guide is a road map of Benzie County showing trailhead locations. Many details are provided for each trail, including: URLs to each trail's Web site and trail map; trail lengths, hiking times, and difficulty; GPS coordinates, detailed directions, and Google Maps URLs for each trailhead; as well as helpful tips and comments. Keep this guide in your car or at your cottage for easy reference!
- Author BiographyJim is also the author of A Guide to Benzie County Michigan Rivers, Lakes, and Creeks and A Guide to the Rivers and Lakes of Grand Traverse and Leelanau Counties, Michigan. He lives, works, and plays in northwestern lower Michigan - one of his favorite outdoor locations - where he owns and operates a computer consulting and Web site design company.
- Author(s)Jim Stamm
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date15/12/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.