All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe loss of a loved one is one of the most painful experiences that most of us will ever have to face in our lives. This book recognises that there is single solution to the problems of bereavement but that an understanding of grief can help the bereaved to realise that they are t alone in their experience. Long recognised as the most authoritative work of its kind, this new edition has been revised and extended to take into account recent research findings on both sides of the Atlantic. Parkes and Prigerson include additional information about the different circumstances of bereavement including traumatic losses, disasters, and complicated grief, as well as providing details on how social, religious, and cultural influences determine how we grieve. Bereavement provides guidance on preparing for the loss of a loved one, and coping after they have gone. It also discusses how to identify the mirity in whom bereavement may lead to impairment of physical and/or mental health and how to ensure they get the help they need. This classic text will continue to be of value to the bereaved themselves, as well as the professionals and friends who seek to help and understand them.
- Author BiographyColin Murray Parkes is Consultant psychiatrist Emeritus at St Christopher's Hospice and Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist to the Royal London Hospital and the Tavistock Clinic, London. He is Life President of Cruse Bereavement Care and in 1996 was awarded an OBE for services to bereaved people. Holly Prigerson is Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School and Director, Centre for Psycho-oncology & Palliative Care Research, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, USA.
- Author(s)Colin Murray Parkes,Holly G. Prigerson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/2009
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables, 12 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.