CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionIn this attempt to shed new light on Alban Berg's life and music, the three main sections are each devoted to a particular genre. The first essay in each section surveys Berg's development within the genre concerned, whilst the subsequent chapters discuss particular works in more detail. An introductory section to the book sets Berg's music in the context of other artistic and musical developments of the period from 1890 to the 1930s. Douglas Jarman is author of The music of Alban Berg and Kurt Weill .
- Author BiographyDOUGLAS JARMAN is Principal Lecturer in Academic Studies at the Royal Northern College of Music, Manchester. A member of the Board of Directors of the International Alban Society and editor of the forthcoming Concerto volume of the Alban Berg Gesamtausgabe, he is author of The Music of Alban Berg, Kurt Weil; an Illustrated Biography, and a forthcoming monograph on Wozzeck.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/02/1990
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight556 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDouglas Jarman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.