Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionSet in the sultry summer coal fields of rural Kentucky circa 1966, Bergmann's Fire: The Parable of the Hill and the Boulder is a poignant story of old world courtship struggling to overcome new world ideals. Sarah Haver returns home from her enlightening freshman year at college to find a mysterious Viennese visitor bearing welcome and unwelcome gifts. The enigmatic stranger abruptly declares his intentions for Sarah. But as the strange European takes up a Herculean task to win her affections, mysteries within her own family history come to light that may ultimately sway Sarah's decision and redirect her heart.
- Author BiographyDave Firestone was born in Columbus, Ohio, but was raised in Cleveland, Ohio. But, like a ping pong ball, he returned to Columbus to pursue his degree in English; a pursuit that lead him back again to the Cleveland area (Hiram College), to New York City and even to Israel for a summer (foreign language requirements). He eventually returned to Columbus to finish off the degree and back again to Cleveland to marry his wife Eva...hailing from Vienna, Austria...whom he'd met in Jerusalem. With a Bachelor of Arts from the Ohio State University and a Masters of Arts from City University of New York, he lives in Vienna with his radiant wife and two pulchritudinous children (coltish Samuel and temerarious Olivia) where he writes and teaches and loves them as best he can. He was previously published in the literary journal Whiskey Island, and has numerous short stories and poems available on various online publications.
- Author(s)Dave Firestone
- PublisherConsuming Fire Media & Technologies
- Date of Publication21/10/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintConsuming Fire Media & Technologies
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.