All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionCharismatic photographer and ex-ranger Jason McNeil lives and works in the iconic Daintree forest in Far North Queensland, the oldest surviving rainforest on the planet. Jason encounters the reclusive and awkward Swede Nils Bergstrom, who is searching for a cure for an horrific disease which he encountered in Africa, which also occurs in the Daintree. When Nils disappears, Jason, assisted by his girlfriend, Sunita, a masseuse at a Port Douglas resort, starts to ask questions. Jason and his friend Steve, a member of the local Yalanji people, head into the rainforest along the torious CREB track and undertake a treacherous hike up Roaring Meg creek. They locate Nils but in tragic circumstances. Even though the police are w involved, Jason continues with his own investigation, which brings him into danger as he gradually exposes a web of competing interests. This entertaining and informative contemporary thriller explores the growing interest in biodiscovery and the modern crime of biopiracy, against the back-drop of the beauty and challenges of the Daintree World Heritage site, a startling contrast to the laid-back and popular resort world of Port Douglas.
- Author(s)Carolyn Little
- PublisherA & A Book Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintA & A Book Publishing
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.