All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Law and Politics of Sustainability explores efforts made to address pressing environmental concerns through legislation, conventions, directives, treaties, and protocols. Articles explain the mechanics of environmental law, the concepts that shape sustainable development, case studies and rulings that have set precedents, approaches to sustainable development taken by legal systems around the world, and more. Experts and scholars in the field raise provocative questions about the effectiveness of international law versus national law in protecting the environment, and about the effect of current laws on future generations. They analyze the successes and shortcomings of present legal instruments, corporate and public policies, social movements, and conceptual strategies, offering readers a preview of the steps necessary to develop laws and policies that will promote genuine sustainability.
- Author BiographyKlaus Bosselmann, PhD, is Professor of Law at the University of Auckland, New Zealand and Founding Director of the New Zealand Centre for Environmental Law since its establishment in 1999. He is Chair of the Ethics Specialist Group of the IUCN Commission on Environmental Law and Co-Chair of the Global Ecological Integrity Group, a network of 250 environmental scholars. He has authored or edited 24 books on environmental law, political ecology, and sustainability law and governance; his numerous articles appeared in many of the world's leading law journals. In 2009, he was the Inaugural Winner of the Senior Scholarship Prize of the IUCN Academy of Environmental Law, the global body of environmental law scholarship.
- PublisherBerkshire Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/12/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationGreat Barrington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerkshire Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1597 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byDaniel S. Fogel,J. B. Ruhl,Klaus Bosselmann
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.