All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBerlin is a phoenix risen from the ashes of World War Two, a city reborn and reunited, a mecca for artists and intellectuals attracted by its beguiling culture. With an awe-inspiring gallery of images, Berlin captures this distinctive capital of art and architecture its gardens, Brandenburg heritage, futuristic buildings, experimental spaces, and monuments. An introduction delves into the unique history of Germany's most complex metropolis.
- Author BiographyKlaus Hartung spent his school years in the German Democratic Republic before fleeing to West Germany in 1955. He studied in Bonn and Berlin and graduated with a degree in sociology. Hartung has worked as an editorial consultant, architectural historian, journalist, and university professor, and is on the staff of the German daily newspaper Ta (Tageszeitung), the East Berlin weekly Wochenpost, and Zeit in Berlin. He publishes essays on politics, social reform, urban planning, and contemporary art; books on comic strips, Italian psychiatric reform, and the so-called peaceful revolution and reunification of Germany.
- Author(s)Klaus Hartung
- PublisherWhite Star
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationVercelli
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintWhite Star
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1996 g
- Width225 mm
- Height320 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.