All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the occasion of the state museum's fortieth anniversary the publication presents central works from the nationally and internationally rewned interdisciplinary collection. They range from Impressionism via classic Modernism to contemporary in-situ installations. Readers are introduced to the works and can look behind the scenes at the museum. The Berlinische Galerie is one of the capital's youngest museums and collects art created in Berlin between 1870 and the present, combining a focus on the local with international standards: from Max Beckmann and Hannah Hoch to Nan Goldin and Daniel Libeskind. A lavish sequence of photographs is accompanied by texts about the challenges facing museums in the twenty-first century. This unusual book reveals how works of art are actually handled, from conservation measures to the ways in which they are introduced to children and how curatorial concepts provide ever-changing interpretations of works of art.
- Author BiographyFounded in 1975 as a private institution, Berlinische Galerie is a museum of modern art, photography, and architecture in Berlin. With its emphasis on cultural history, it collects, researches, and exhibits works from 1870 to the present.
- Author(s)Berlinische Gallerie,Ralf Burmeister,Stefanie Heckmann
- PublisherHirmer Verlag
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintHirmer Verlag
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight1440 g
- Width230 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.