All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGian Lorenzo Bernini (1598-1680) was the greatest and most influential sculptor of his age. Endlessly inventive and gifted with extraordinary skill, he virtually created the Baroque style. In his religious sculptures he excelled at capturing movement and extreme emotion, uniting figures with their setting to create a single conception of overwhelming intensity that perfectly expressed the fervour of Counter-Reformation Rome. Intensity and drama also characterize his remarkable portraits and his world-famous Roman fountains. Rudolf Wittkower's classic mograph and catalogue raisonne has been the standard established work on Bernini since 1955. It is w available in an updated and expanded edition. The concise but masterly survey provides an authoritative introduction to Bernini's work, while the full catalogue gives detailed, scholarly and up-to-date information on his complete oeuvre.
- Author BiographyRudolf Wittkower was one of the most distinguished art historians of the twentieth century.
- Author(s)Rudolf Wittkower
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/1997
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note30 colour & 321 b&w illustrations, chronological table, bibliography, indexes
- Weight1860 g
- Width250 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.