All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe all kw how important it is to give our kids a healthy, balanced diet. But how best to make sure they are getting all the vitamins and nutrients they need when fruits and vegetables are some of the least favorite items on their plate? Popular food writer, blogger and mother of three Deborah Harroun has the answer in 100 delightfully flavorful and nutritious recipes for kid-friendly smoothies. Her newest cookbook, BEST 100 SMOOTHIES FOR KIDS offers up kid-test and kid-approved recipes that are sure to please everyone in the family. The book includes recipes for fruit- and vegetable-based juices, as well as a variety that combine fruits and veggies or get their flavor and nutrients from things other than produce. The chapters include Breakfast Smoothies, Lunch and Lunchbox Smoothies, Snacktime Smoothies, Smoothies for Dinner, and Dessert Smoothies. Two special chapters cover Holiday Smoothies, such as pumpkin-flavored smoothies for Thanksgiving or Christmas, and Bedtime Smoothies, made with tryptophan-rich milk bases and with soothing ingredients like chamomile, cinnamon, vanilla, and lemon. What's better than a well-fed and happy child who falls asleep easily after a busy day? Harroun also provides a variety of different options for creating the perfect smoothie, with recipes that include milk- and yogurt-based smoothies as well as dairy-free options made from juice, water, rice milk, almond milk, and soy milk. There are even numerous gluten-free and vegan options as well. Harroun serves up a hundred bright and colorful, healthy and satisfying drinks in this new four-color and photo-rich cookbook. The emphasis throughout is on providing a wide range of flavors, colors, and nutrients, guaranteed to broaden the horizons of any child who thinks carrots or apples are the only acceptable items from the supermarket's produce section. Parents - and doctors and dentists - can take heart in the fact that Harroun uses processed or white sugar for sweetening her smoothies. With all these options for creating inspired smoothies, parents longer have to worry about making sure their children are getting all the nutrition they need. The only challenge is figuring out which of these delicious recipes to try first!
- Author BiographyDeborah Harroun is the cook, writer, and photographer behind the popular blog Taste and Tell, which she started in 2007. Her recipes and writing have been featured in print in Every Day with Rachael Ray and online at The Kitchn, Huffington Post, Babble, and the websites of Bon Appetit and the Salt Lake City Deseret News. She appears frequently as a sweets and desserts expert on local television in Salt Lake City, where she lives with her husband and three children.
- Author(s)Deborah Harroun
- PublisherHarvard Common Press,U.S.
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Common Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width178 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.