All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionEvery year since 1988 a major poet has selected 75 poems from publication in THE BEST AMERICAN POETRY and this years volume will again dazzle and delight, instruct and inspire. Under the guiding vision of master poet John Hollander - one of America's most erudite literary minds - THE BEST AMERICAN POETRY 1998 highlights the imaginative power of the American poet at the fin-de-siecle. Diverse in form and method, uncompromising in their artistic standards, the poems collected here help to distinguish an American poetic identity. Hollander has chosen work both from eminences such as Richard Wilbur and Thom Gunn whilst paving the way for original and teworthy new talent. With a forward by series editor David Lehman and with comments from the poets illuminating their work, THE BEST AMERICAN POETRY 1998 will lead you on an exhilerating literary adventure.
- Author BiographyDavid Lehman, the series editor of The Best American Poetry, is also the editor of the Oxford Book of American Poetry. His books of poetry include Poems in the Manner Of, New and Selected Poems, Yeshiva Boys, When a Woman Loves a Man, and The Daily Mirror. His most recent nonfiction book is Sinatra's Century. He teaches at The New School and lives in New York City and Ithaca, New York.
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/08/1998
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight421 g
- Width139 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Volume editorDavid Lehman,John Hollander
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.