All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere are forty-two of the best hikes, nearly all of them within an hour's drive of Salt Lake City, Utah-from Deseret Peak to Waterfall Canyon. The hikes offer unbeatable views, waterfalls, mountain lakes, and fields of wildflowers. Whether you're in the mood for an easy nature walk or a day-long hike, this guide offers plenty to choose from:Deseret Peak - Highest peak in the Stansbury RangeFrary Peak - Highest peak on Antelope IslandBrighton Lakes Tour - World-class wildflower displaysFerguson Canyon - The lesser kwn canyonMount Timpagos - The beloved trail of the WasatchDiamond Fork Hot Springs - Natural hot springs Each hike features full-color photos; a brief route description; thorough directions to the trailhead (GPS coordinates included); a detailed, full-color trail map; and at-a-glance information on distance and difficulty level, hiking time, canine compatibility, and fees and permits. Inside you'll also find a Trail Finder that categorizes each hike (e.g., for attractions such as best hikes for peak baggers, best view hikes, best easy access hikes, best hikes for dogs, best hikes for children, and best hikes for waterfalls); Green Tips; and information about local lore, points of interest, and the area's array of wildlife.
- Author BiographyLori J. Lee has written for the outdoor recreation industry for the past 15 years. She is the author of 3 Utah guidebooks and has written for magazines such as Her Sports, Camping Life, Backpacker, Sea Kayaker, and Outdoor Utah to name a few. She is a host on Trailmaster Outdoor Radio with Lori's Mountain Report, and has hosted Park City TV's trail of the week. Whether climbing Mt. Katahdin in Maine, biking across Tuscany, Italy, or knocking off the 11,000 foot peaks of Utah's Wasatch Range, Lori embraces the adventure and then takes the reader along on the journey.
- Author(s)Lori A. Lee
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication05/06/2012
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleBest Hikes Near Series
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight28 g
- Width150 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.