All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany ex-offenders have difficulty finding stable jobs that lead to promising futures. Most lack information about opportunities appropriate for their red flag backgrounds. Once released, they often stumble from one low-paying and insecure hard labor job to ather. Many have difficulty finding satisfying work and keeping a job for long. Unable to adequately support themselves as well as fulfill court-ordered financial obligations, many soon get into trouble that leads them back into prisons and jails. Not surprisingly, much of today s high recidivism rate (60-70%) directly relates to the issue of ex-offender employability and the ease of violating terms of release (fail to meet parole officer and/or pay child support). What they most need is a GOOD JOB to jump-start their new life! Here s the first book to examine jobs suitable for ex-offenders. Profiling 101 opportunities that are relatively open to people with t-so-hot backgrounds, this upbeat book gives renewed hope and direction to ex-offenders who are uncertain what they want to do, can do, and will do in the free world. It profiles 13 categories of jobs and occupations: - Construction trades and related jobs - Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations - Science, moth, engineering, and techlogy jobs - Production occupations - Transportation and material moving occupations - Travel and hospitality jobs - Computer and Internet jobs - Health and medical care jobs - Sales and related jobs - Sports, entertainment, and media jobs - Office and administrative support jobs - Military, government, and nprofit jobs - Starting a business Examining most jobs in terms of employment outlook, nature of work, working conditions, education and training requirements, expected earnings, and recommended resources, the book serves as a handy directory for exploring numerous job options appropriate for ex-offenders. Includes summary charts of today s best jobs and separate chapters on transitional employment experiences, job restrictions on ex-offenders, and internal and external barriers to employment. The message throughout is very clear: Ex-offenders ARE employable. Given the right informational tools and an action plan, they CAN become successful. The perfect book for creating a new future filled with freedom, purpose, joy, and prosperity!
- Author BiographyRonald L. Krannich, Ph.D., is one of America s leading career and travel writers who has authored more than 100 books, including several bestsellers for ex-offenders: The Ex-Offender s New Job Finding and Survival Guide, Best Resumes and Letters for Ex-Offenders, The Ex-Offender s Job Interview Guide, The Ex-Offender s Re-Entry Success Guide, The Ex-Offender s Quick Job Hunting Guide, The Ex-Offender s 30/30 Job Solution, The Re-Entry Start-Up Pocket Guide, The Ex-Offender s Personal Finance Pocket Guide, and The Re-Entry Employment and Life Skills Pocket Guide. Dr. Krannich resides in both northern Virginia (Woodbridge) and Savannah, Georgia.
- Author(s)Ronald L Krannich
- PublisherImpact Publications
- Date of Publication07/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintImpact Publications
- Content Notetables
- Weight227 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.