All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is one of a series presenting all karate and kumite' practiced by the Japan Karate Association. Each chapter contains photographs of an instructor of the Association executing a certain technique. The kata in this volume are at the advanced level and may be selected for examination above the grade of shodan. In Unsu, there are constant transformations, signified by the name meaning 'Cloud Hands.' All parts of the body are used as weapons, with feints and provocations leading to unique combination techniques and multi-directional kicks.'
- Author BiographyMASATOSHI NAKAYAMA carries on the tradition of his teacher, Gichin Funakoshl, the Father of Modern Karate. Long professor and director of physical education at Takushoku University, his alma mater (1937), he was chief instructor of the Japan Karate Association from 1955 until his death in 1987. A ninth degree black belt and a familiar face at tournaments, he was among the first to send instructors overseas and to encourage the development of karate along scientific lines.
- Author(s)Masatoshi Nakayama
- PublisherKodansha America, Inc
- Date of Publication26/07/2014
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKodansha America, Inc
- Content Note1
- Weight316 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.