Best Leadership Practices for High-poverty Schools by Linda L. Lyman, Christine J. Villani (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBest Leadership Practices for High-Poverty Schools presents both the practice and theory of best leadership practices in high-poverty schools. Authors Linda Lyman and Christine Villani take a unique approach by inviting readers into two high-poverty elementary schools where they will experience, through in-depth case studies, how two extraordinary principals model and practice their beliefs in the ability and worth of all children.
- Author BiographyLinda L. Lyman is a professor in the Department of Educational Administration and Foundations at Illinois State University. Dr. Lyman was a faculty member at Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois, for nine years, before joining the faculty at Illinois State University in 2000. Her previous book is titled How Do They Know You Care? The Principal's Challenge. Lyman's career has included positions as a secondary English teacher, regional consultant in staff development and gifted education in Nebraska, and administrative assistant at the Nebraska Department of Education. As a professor her research, presentations, and publications have focused on leadership, with an emphasis on issues of gender, caring, and poverty. At Illinois State University Dr. Lyman teaches primarily in the principalship program. She serves as executive director of Illinois Women Administrators. Christine J. Villani is an associate professor in the Department of Education and Educational Foundations at Southern Connecticut State University. She has a B.S in Speech/Language Pathology, a M.A. in Speech/Language Pathology, a M.A. in Psychology, a Sixth Year Diploma in Administration and Supervision and an Ed.D in Administration, Policy and Urban Education from Fordham University. Villani is a former elementary principal and elementary assistant principal. She has taught and lectured on the topics of leadership, supervision, curriculum development, educational change and school law. Dr. Villani is the author of three earlier books and various articles on the above named topics.
- Author(s)Christine J. Villani,Linda L. Lyman
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication10/02/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width180 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.