All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn essential guide to native plants of the Southeast This book is filled to the brim with important information on native plants and is a must for any serious gardener in the southeastern region of the country. -- Ginny Stibolt, author of Sustainable Gardening for Florida Here is an authoritative, fact-filled guide for growing southeastern native plants from the author who wrote the field guides for identifying our native plants. His experience and kwledge will help us all become better native plant gardeners. -- Steven P. Christman, editor, Floridata.com Best Native Plants for Southern Gardens highlights and illustrates several hundred readily available and easy-to-grow native species for gardeners and landscapers living in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia.These native plants include shrubs, small and large trees, and a collection of perennials, all of which have proven to be extremely successful landscape plants in the southeastern United States. The average homeowner will be able to find many of these species in local retail nurseries whether or t these nurseries specialize in native plants.Gil Nelson has created an indispensable, authoritative publication that describes and recommends high-performing native plants, tells readers how to avoid the use of invasive species in their gardens, and highlights the design of several specialty and wildlife gardens. With the help of regional experts, the included species have been selected based on field visits to retail and wholesale nurseries, private and public gardens and arboreta, personal kwledge and experience, and discussions with landscape and gardening enthusiasts, professionals, and experts throughout the region. The inclusion of more than 600 color photos makes this an easy-to-use, valuable addition to any gardener's library.
- Author BiographyGil Nelson is a writer, naturalist, and field botanist specializing in the southeastern United States. He is the author of a dozen successful gardening and botanical field guides including Florida's Best Native Landscape Plants.
- Author(s)Gil Nelson
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication15/12/2010
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight1039 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.